This main dish healthy potato salad features roasted sweet potatoes, hard-boiled eggs and a tasty honey mustard vinaigrette.
A few recipes in our archive are old favorites, some we make often and some have faded into memory. I came across this one the other day and knew we had to remake it. This healthy potato salad is a different type of potato salad: potatoes served over greens instead of with mayo. It can be either a main or a side salad featuring roasted red potatoes, sweet potatoes, hard-boiled eggs and greens with our very favorite honey mustard vinaigrette. Keep reading for the healthy potato salad recipe!
A friend of mine told me she loves the dressing in this sweet potato salad because it’s easy to remember: 2, 2, 2, and 4. That is, 2 tablespoons each of white wine vinegar, honey, and stone ground mustard, and 4 tablespoons olive oil. It always stuck with me that she liked that, and to this day if we have a chance to make a memorable ratio in a recipe, we do it.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ small red onion
- Simply Amazing Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 8 cups salad greens
- Hard boil the eggs, according to the Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs or Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs methods.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into bite-sized chunks (do not peel). In a bowl, toss the potatoes with olive oil, kosher salt, and lots of fresh ground pepper. Place the potatoes in the oven and roast until tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Thinly slice the red onion and rinse the slices under cold water a few times to remove the bite. Slice the eggs into quarters
- Make the Simply Amazing Honey Mustard Vinaigrette.
- To serve, place the greens in a bowl. Top with warm potatoes, red onions, hard-boiled eggs, and dressing.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/roasted-two-potato-salad-with-honey-mustard-vinaigrette/