Looking for healthy road trip snacks? Here are our top 10 snacks for a car trip, with spicy hummus & veggie jars at the top of the list!
OK, let’s get down to these healthy road trip snacks. When we’re in the car, we crave healthy. We’ve done the snack-on-potato-chips-from-Indiana-through-Wisconsin thing and it makes us feel, well, gross! What are your favorite healthy road trip snacks?
Now for the recipe. Hummus and veggies is our default snack anytime, and putting them in individual jars for easy eating is perfect for healthy road trip snacks! Of course you can always purchase hummus, but this spicy hummus recipe is easy to whip up and reminiscent of the taste of hot wings with the Tabasco-style hot sauce. All you need is a food processor to blend together chickpeas, lemon, garlic, tahini, and hot sauce. It’s also perfect for a healthy game day snack, and works for a variety of diets including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free.
For the spicy hummus recipe
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 15-ounce can chickpeas + 1/2 cup can liquid
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot sauce (like Tabasco or Frank’s)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the hummus jars
- 6 to 8 mason jars
- 1 bunch rainbow carrots
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 red bell pepper
- Peel the garlic. Drain the chickpeas into a liquid cup measure. In a food processor or blender, blend garlic, chickpeas, 1/2 cup chickpea can liquid, tahini, lemon juice, Frank’s hot sauce, paprika, and kosher salt. Blend on high until completely creamy. Taste, and add additional hot sauce if desired. Place a dollop of hummus into the bottom of each mason jar.
- Peel the carrots. Slice the carrots, celery and bell pepper into thin strips, then place them into the jars in the hummus.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/hot-wings-hummus-jars-healthy-road-trip-snacks/