This tomato and peach salad is summer at its finest! Ripe tomatoes and peaches are mixed with onion, peppery basil, salty feta, and a tangy vinaigrette.
This tomato and peach salad was inspired by the Peach Panzanella my Mom and I had at Bluebeard restaurant the night before, and this summer panzanella from Laura at The First Mess (so cute!). We originally though we’d try our hand at a panzanella, an Italian salad made with dried-out bread cubes. However, since we didn’t have any old bread on hand, the thought of buying bread and turning on our oven to dry it out just didn’t appeal in the heat!
So, we omitted the bread turned the idea into a straight up tomato and peach salad. The salad turned out perfect, with everything perfectly balanced. Sweet peach against acidic tomato, peppery basil against salt feta, and a lightly sweet vinaigrette of sherry vinegar and honey. This peach salad was a great accompaniment to our meal!
- ½ red onion
- 2 large peaches
- 2 large tomatoes
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar (or red or white wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Thinly slice the red onion; place it in a small bowl and cover in cold water. Squeeze and release the onion slices about 5 to 6 times; drain the water and repeat the squeeze and rinse cycle 2 more times. Place the slices back in the bowl and cover with cold water while assembling the salad.
- Dice the peaches and tomatoes. Slice the basil into thin strips.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sherry vinegar, olive oil, honey, 2 pinches kosher salt, and several grinds fresh ground pepper.
- Drain the onions and squeeze them dry. In a large bowl, gently mix together onions with tomatoes, peaches, beans, basil, and dressing, and a few pinches kosher salt. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and serve.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/peach-tomato-and-basil-summer-salad/